*Purchase only organic veggies when possible and be sure to wash thoroughly before use.
- 2 cucumbers (peel first if not organic)
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 4-5 stalks of kale
- 4-5 leaves of romaine lettuce
- Small handful of cilantro
- Small handful of parsley
- 1 lemon or lime (remove rind but leave as much of the white pith as possible. Did you know the pith contains bioflavonoids, which also have cancer-fighting properties? Yeehaw!)
- 1” (or smaller) piece of ginger root
Makes 2-3 servings. If you are new to green juicing you may want to add a low glycemic fruit such as a pear or apple to make the taste more drinkable at first. It’s best to drink fresh juice as soon as possible, but if you’re saving some for later, be sure to store in airtight container (such as a Ball canning jar) in refrigerator. Drink within 24 hours.