Today I welcome vegan blogger, Chelsey Johns of Like a Vegan to Cowgirls & Collard Greens!
While I have never met Chelsey (she lives all the way in Australia!) she and I have been “friends” and “followers” on social media for several years. I am so excited and honored to have her here sharing one of her unique recipes (and my gosh, you’re going to love this one– yum, yum, yum!). I look forward to the day that she and I can meet in person and collaborate on some tasty projects in the kitchen. In the meantime, I hope you all enjoy her yummy gluten free (and vegan, of course) pea fritters recipe!
If you’re looking for a quick, easy and healthy meal, you’re gonna love my Gluten Free Pea Fritters. Not only do they make a delicious brunch but they can be built into just about any meal of the day (try chucking them on a bun with salad for an outta control burger!)
Gluten Free Pea Fritters Recipe
Makes 5 Fritters
2 cups frozen baby peas
1 cup almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chickpea flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 spring onion, finely chopped
Olive oil spray
- Partially cook the frozen baby peas and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar, set aside.
- In a large bowl, throw together the chickpea flour, nutritional yeast, salt, white pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Add the olive oil to the almond milk mixture before pouring into the dry ingredients and mixing well.
- Fold through the peas and spring onion to complete the batter.
- Grease your frypan with the olive oil spray and heat up on a medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, measure out the batter for the first fritter and gently pour into the frypan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping (you’ll see the batter bubbling a little so you’ll know it’s time).
- Cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining batter until ready to serve.
Like A Vegan is a blog covering all things vegan, including food, beauty, fashion, travel and lifestyle. Based in Newcastle, Australia, Chelsey Johns loves cooking, hip-hop and her rescue terrier, Brett. Follow Chelsey on her Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram accounts.