- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/2 pound roughly chopped green beans
- 3/4 stalks celery with leaves, chopped
- 1 yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 2/3 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and very finely chopped
- 2 ears of fresh corn, cutting the corn from cobs
Mash garlic and salt (mortar and pestle works well). Whisk in vinegar, mustard and pepper. Add olive oil slowing as you whisk.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil to blanch the green beans until crisp tender (about 4 minutes). Drain the beans and immerse in a large bowl of ice cold water.
In a large bowl, add the green beans to the remaining ingredients. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss.
Serves 8 generously.