In honor of the quickly approaching holidays and the season of giving, I’m holding my very first * GIVEAWAY * right here at Cowgirls & Collard Greens. Yeehaw!
I can’t think of a more appropriate way to celebrate being a vegan foodie than through the Betty Goes Vegan cookbook by Annie & Dan Shannon. Inspired by that good ol’ thick Betty Crocker cookbook we all grew up with, Betty Goes Vegan is quite simply, a veganized version. This is not your average vegan cookbook, nope. It includes 500 mouth-watering recipes ranging from Baked Vegan Chicken, Easy Waffles, Vegan Shrimp Scampi to a Salted Caramel Latte Cheesecake. This book even includes some of my favorite pre-vegan childhood recipes like deviled eggs.
After scouring through its many pages, I have decided that Betty Goes Vegan has officially won over my little vegan wannabe-chef’s heart (and it won over the hearts of the lovely folks at VegNews too as the book was just named “Cookbook of the Year” this week!). With so many recipes to chose from, anyone who explores this cookbook is sure to find many enjoyable recipes to create. This is a perfect book for those like me, who are challenged in the kitchen (anyone can follow a recipe, right?). And it’s great for those powered by plants, for the veg curious as well as omnivores. It will leave you wanting to turn the next page to see what other unbelievable recipes can be veganized!
The recipes are fascinating, interesting, tasty and they will most certainly leave your belly full, not to mention, the fact that meat lovers will be well satisfied too! And, everyone will appreciate the humorous nature in which it’s written. Be sure to put this cookbook at the top of your holiday shopping or wish list! If you just can’t wait, you can go ahead and click here to get yourself a copy right now!
Part of my inspiration for wanting to share this book with all of you is because the book is fairly new to the vegan cookbook scene; it hit bookstore shelves earlier this year. And secondly, I met the authors of the book this summer! Yup. I officially “Met the Shannon’s” in New York City at the Will Travel for Vegan Food party and benefit for Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary this past August. You can learn more about The Shannon’s by visiting their website at: www.meettheshannons.com.
And now for the GIVEAWAY rules:
There are two simple steps.
1. Please sign up to join my blog on my website: www.cowgirlsandcollardgreens.com/blog (both name and email address must be provided).
2. Leave a comment below on why you’d like a copy of the book. Do you need a little vegan culinary inspiration? Need some help convincing your family that vegan meals are really delicious? Or perhaps you are just curious about cooking and baking with plants? Do tell…the cowgirl wants to know!
Other giveaway notes:
1. One random winner will be chosen on December 5, 2013 and will be notified by email. If winner does not respond within a week with their name and US mailing address, another name will be chosen.
2. Book postage is included (US mailing address only) to the winner.
3. Giveaway is open to US residents only.
Giddy up on over and sign up for my blog (if you haven’t already) and leave me a comment below. Thanks for entering, yeehaw and good luck!